Thursday 27 September 2007

WHAT A ROUGH WEEK!

Figured that it was my turn to post something instead of the 2 Woofy Sisters.

WOW - this has been a week of ups and downs for Blaze, Amie and Myself. If you have been reading our blog posting from Friday, 21 September 2007, you would know that Little B has had a few lumps cut out. Well basically what started off as something pretty routine turned into something that has kept me on tenterhooks all week. Those who know me well, would know that at the moment I am renovating a house, working full-time, studying to get further qualifications in my chosen profession, running the greytwalks website, trying to update a blog, entertaining 2 naughty but fun greyhounds, volunteering with the Greyhound Adoption Program when I can fit it in, and also trying to have a social life (hahaha). Whew, no rest for the wicked, and who needs sleep?

The last thing I need on top of juggling all these balls in the air is an unclear pathology result on the lump that was biopsied on Little B's chest. Worry is not good when you have a lot on your plate. We got the initial results last Friday night, with further tests needing to be carried out this week on the biopsy. We had a follow up phone call this week regarding this annoying little lump. The results were inconclusive as to exactly what type of histiocystic lump it is and whether it it potentially malignant. BTW I am no good with the big words the vet uses, just as well he has a uni degree. It seems that Little B needs to go back to the Vet next week to have the lump and a good patch of skin around it removed to be on the safe side. I figure she has had it for approx 3 months already (I thought it was an insect bit to start off with), and that she is probably more playful now than she has ever been, so it can't be that bad. But as the vet suggested, it is better for it to be removed now than pay for it later. I went through this a few years ago with a lump on my arm, and it is definitely better to be safe than sorry.

I am sure that Little B will continue to milk it for all the cuddles and sympathy that she can get!

Anyway, here is a cheerful shot of my two girls laying at my feet while I type this up. Isnt it nice to have a devoted fan club who follow you every where!


1 comment:

michelle said...

Hey Margaret - I'm sure that it will all be ok. Lots of treats are the best medicine - didn't you know that :)